TuxGuitar for Steve Jobs or Bill Gates?


Y
Mr. Slash slashes with this Guitar!
ou just heard a cool song. You want to play it on guitar and impress your girl. Okay… great! You Google the song for the Guitar Pro tab… (Come on, why would you even wanna work out the tab on your own when you got the whole resources out in the cloud?) Bingo!!! The 5-star rated Guitar pro tab for the song XYZ is available. You download the Guitar Pro file. And of course you already got the Guitar Pro software installed in your machine. You double click on that Guitar Pro icon. You can’t wait for it to open.

Hold on… Wait… What on the earth is happening? I need to update the Guitar Pro software to play this file. How am I gonna do that? Man, I may have to pay again for updating the software. What am I gonna do? Help me, Linkinmyth! I live on the same planet as you do, don’t I?

Seems Familiar?
Does above situation sound familiar to you? (Provided that you are a guitarist who needs the readymade tabs to play the song on guitar…. Do we still label ‘em GUITARIST? Really?)

Most of the pros and amateurs who work out the guitar pro tabs for the latest songs have latest version of Guitar Pro, I guess… may be Guitar Pro 5.x or Guitar Pro 6. So if I can’t play the Guitar Pro 5 file on my Guitar Pro 5 Software, what should I do???

GP6 platrum!
Thank God there is a thing called “Open Source Code” which, I think, promotes the idea of free software development. And there’s an alternative to the proprietary Guitar Pro software.

In order to do away with the problem of “Software Update” notification, TuxGuitar comes to the scene, and it’s free. It is more or less similar to Guitar Pro. However, the UI is rather complex and the score playback is rather buggy. Guitar Pro has the best score playback. If you cannot play the GP5 file, download the TuxGuitar software (it’s free). Open the file with Tux Guitar and save it (F12) in the format as Guitar Pro 5 (or lower).  Then open it using your outdated Guitar Pro software. This time it will work.

To download TuxGuitar for Free, Click the following links depending on your machine:

>>How to be the Next Steve Jobs? You don't wanna miss this!

Have a Great Day.


©LinkinMyth: Guitar Tabs and Chords, Guitar Pro, Tux Guitar

Comments